Wednesday, May 28, 2008

John Duncan and Richard Burton

After a YFC board meetingon Tuesday night, John and I went for a great ride in the hills of Ouest Lemanique (the Western part of Lake Geneva), he on my Cannondale Bad Boy and me on my new favorite Rodriguez Rainier. We headed out on the Route de Vignoble toward Lausanne. But after a few kms, we turned west to Vich and South toward Geneva (we wanted to come back with the wind).

We passed through Trelex, Cheserex, passed by the Golf course of Bonmont, through La Rippe and onto toward Divonne on the high cycle path at the foot of the Jura.

Then is was back toward Nyon passing through Chavannes de Bogis, Bogis-Bossey, Celigny. It was there I mentioned to John that is was there where Richard Burton was buried. He wanted to see the grave so down we went to the cemetery. My 700x25C tires had no problem on the gravel path.

Pictures were taken in front of Burton's grave. And an added piece of memorabilia, we saw Alistair MacClean's grave.

Distance: 40kms
Time: 1h47
Average Speed: 22.3kph
Altitude gain: 444m
Temp: 20 C
Overcase/partly cloudy/drizzly

No comments: