Monday, May 26, 2008

Col de Marchairuz 1449 Meters

So, after the col defeated me last fall, I decided that today would be the day to try again. The Col de Marchairuz in one of the higher passes in the Jura. It is closed all winter. From Nyon it is a 1020 meter (4700 feet) climb.

This time the bike and the rider where up the challenge. My trusty Kestrel with it's new triple front crank would have made it if I'd had legs last fall...but alas I had no legs.

Today was different. My Rodriguez cross country bike is geared equally as low. I felt strong all the way to the top. I only stopped in St. George long enough to fill my water bottle at the local fountain.

The ride back and down was through the beautiful Jura Natural reserve.

Total Distance: 58 kms
Total Time: 3h08
Total Altitude gain: 1130 meters
Mostly Cloudy, with light drizzle part of the way.

No comments: