Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 80 - Steep Climb to Chatel

Today being a beautiful sunny day,  I dared go up a very steep road up to the small hamlet of Chatel.  My ride started at home in Nyon.  I went north (because of the north wind) out onto the Route de Vignoble.  Riding  by Vich, Luins, Vinzel and Bursins took me to the climb up to Gilly and Tartegnin.  From there I passed through Bugnaux and then onto the steep moutain road up to Chatel.
There is one switchback before reaching the first Jura plateau.   From their I headed toward Begnins by taking a forest service road.  The road was paved all the way.  The hightest point was on this road going through the forest. 
From there is was down to Begnins , then on to La Cezille, Genolier, Duillier and Nyon.
Total Distance: 39 kms
Total Altitude gained: 719 meters
Total time: 2h 4 minutes
Temperature: 14 degrees C
Wind: From the north at 15 kph
Sunny to partly cloudy

No comments: