Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 86 - Nyon - Denens and Back

Even though it was cloudy, the sun was just peaking through enough for a ride at 4:00 p.m.  So out onto the Route de Vignoble I went.  Wind was changeable as I started on a west wind, so going north was fine, but it veered to the southwest.  
Then began some intermitant drizzle, but my Rodriguez Rainier was built for all conditions with it's Phil Wood hubs and bottle bracket and fenders, so on I went.  I arrive in Aubonne, and went on to Denens.  After  nice cup of tea and an almond cookie at the Rizzos I returned to Nyon.
Now the drizzle stopped and the clouds parted, leaving me with a few minutes of bright sun.  The sun slowly dipped behind the Jura mountains.   Fortunately I brought my flashing rear light and all the cars passing gave me wide berth since they saw not only my bright yellow wind breaker, but by flashing/strobe rear light.
Distance: 52 Kms
Total height gained:  555 meters
Total time: 2h 8 minutes
Temp: 3-5 degress Celsius
Wind: 3-10 kph
Weather: partly cloudly, drizzle, sun

No comments: