Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day 84 - Climb to Bonmont

Another cloudy, windy day with light snow flurries.  But that's no reason not to ride.  So off to the south (south wind) I went.  
From in front of Novartis I started to ride up to Duillier but then cut through the Changins agriculture research station.  After arriving in Asse and I headed toward Gingins.  Once in Gingins I went up the road toward La Barillette.  Intending to cut down toward Geneva from the Barillette road I climbed until the snow stopped me.  There was 10 inches of unplowed snow on the road.  So back down to Cheserex, then to Tranche Pied and La Rippe.  From La Rippe the nice descent to Borex and on to Bogis Bossey.  On to Chavannes de Bogis, Commugny, Tannay Mies, Versoix.  
Then the Route du Lac to Nyon.
Distance: 42
Vertical gain: 469 meters
Time:  2h 5 minutes
Average speed: 19.6 kph
Temperature: 4-5 degrees C
Wind: 20 kph from the South
Overcast with snow flurries (more over the Jura)

No comments: