Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 22- Stanley ND to Rugby ND


Today was our longest ride to date: 118 miles. It also was over some of the worst roads we've yet seen. The last nine miles of the route into Rugby was under construction. There was a thin shoulder for us to ride on. We can to compete with less than courteous motor home drivers and semi-truck drivers that were obviously late for dinner.

Rugby has the distinction of being the geographic center of North America. For you mathematicians, that is of interest, right? Otherwise I'm not sure the bit of info in worth much. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I decided to leave right at 7:00 a.m. and ride my own ride. I averaged 18.8 mph (partly due to a good NW wind). I rode hard, took only short three breaks (not including lunch) of not more than 10 minutes each. The shortest was five. I ate 3 energy bars and a light lunch of peanut butter sandwich, string cheese, some grapes and a little apple. I arrived at 2:58 p.m. Let's see how I feel tomorrow.

Total Distance: 119 miles
Total Climb: 1008 ft
Total Time: 7h50 minutes
Bike Time:6h20
Average Speed: 18.8 mph
Overall distance: 1485 miles

No comments: