Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Ride Around Lake Forest Park

Becky joined me on Thursday and we stayed at the home of Neil and Jan Nieuwenhuis. They the parents of Peter and Caryn Cornelisse, friends from Westlake. We had a really great time with them. They showed us their warm hospitality, which I'm sure is their gift. We had a great time of fellowship and heard much wisdom from this great Christian couple. Thank you Neil and Jan for a wonderful time!

I got up real early and installed my bike computer and went out for a ride in Lake Forest Park. I rode for about 45 minutes and did 8 miles (now I'm in miles). Hey, it's really hilly here. I did over 900 feet of climbing in only 45 minutes.

I'm now at the Seattle airport where we're picking up other riders for C2C.

Only two days now!

Total Distance : 8.3 miles
Total time: 45 minutes
Total climb: 925
Sunny/partly cloudy
Temp: 55F

Clothes: short sleeve jersey and riding shorts but with a windproof shirt longsleeved shirt under the jersey, long leg warmers and a windproof jacket.

No comments: