Friday, June 13, 2008

R & E Cycles

I arrived in Seattle six hours late because of storms across the mid-west that caused havoc with my flight. That is story in itself, but I'm not complaining. I pleased with the professionalism of the pilot in dealing with natural flight obstructions. Well done Alaska Airlines.

So, today I'm visiting R & E Cycles, the shop in Seattle that made my Rainier. I'm actually sitting in a Tully's Coffee shop down the street squatting on their free wifi.

My cross country machine is in for it's 1000 mile check: true the wheels (although they don't need truing. The front is as straight as when it arrived and the rear I already trued once), check the joints and the rest of the gear. I'll pick up tires and tubes and spokes for the trip.

It will be a pleasure to meet Scott Rock who guided me through the ordering process.

More about it later.

No comments: