Friday, November 30, 2007

Riding With Johnny Howe

I usually ride alone, because I squeeze my rides into a busy schedule. But today I went with a friend from church who is an avid rider. Even though he said he's not been riding for several months we still had a good quick paced ride. We average 25kph even though we rode on the hilly "Route de "Vignoble" from Nyon to Fechy and back. (If you want to see the route, go to www.viamichlin.com and type in Nyon Switzerland as the start and Fechy Switzerland as the end and it will give you our route).

I find that when I ride with someone else, I keep my pace up higher and more consistently than when I ride along. We traded draft a bit and at the end I was at the head. Johnny urged on up that last hill as I stood on the pedals, riding out of the seat. We ended having had a good training ride.

Distance 33 kms.
Time just over an hour.
Weather-cold, sunny, clear 10-14 degrees.

Total for the week: 55kms

No comments: