Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 1-Dad's Last Day

Cycling has always been a way for me to help manage stress and emotions.  So it was natural on the day when I needed some moments alone that I would go out and spend 1h 50 min on my bike.

This morning, my father died after a nearly one year of battle with pancreatic cancer. Thankfully he never had pain associated with the cancer. He did have restlessness and discomfort toward the end.

But Dad showed us example of faith because to the end, he was courageous and resolute in his belief that, "I know where I'm going and I know who's going with me."  This is the joy of the message of Christ, that "whoever believes in me, even though he die, yet will he live." The knowledge that though he "is absent from body"... he is "a home with the Lord" brings great peace and comfort.

So, with this knowledge I had the peace, to go out. I wanted to both collect my thoughts and profit from the warm, dry day.

So I headed out south on Philo Road and went to 200N. Back to Windsor and 1400N, with a half mile jog east, gave me 25 miles.

Total distance: 25 miles
Temperature: 45 degrees
Slightly overcast
Light southeast wind.

No comments: