Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Around Urbana-Champaign

My home town is really two towns, Urbana and Champaign. Together and including the University of Illinois Student population their are about 150,000 people. So it's not very big.

I've not lived in U-C since 1976 when I graduated from the U of I. While I was a school I cycled many miles all around the area. But today, I decided to bike all the way around the town. So I set out from my house at 2206 Combes St. and rode the half mile to the corner of Windsor Road and Philo Road. I went east from there to High Cross Road and then north about 7 miles to Ford-Harris Road. Now west 8 miles took me to Staley Road. South on Staley to Windsor and east on Windsor to Philo Road.

I got a really nice view of the fields surrounding the area.

Distance: 32 miles
Weather: Clear, 38 degrees F

No comments: